New Joint-venture Company to Make Automobile LED Products
Looking to strengthen its overall system for reliable production of LED (light-emitting diode) devices for use in automobiles—an area expected to see co nsiderable growth in the years ahead—on August 1 Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. (pre sident: Tokio Horigome) established a new company, TG OPSEED CO., LTD., in a joint venture with KOHA CO., LTD. (president: Shigeo Arakawa).
Profile of the New Company
- Company name: TG OPSEED CO., LTD.
- Established: August 1, 2000
- Address: 7000-62 Nakagawa, Hosoe-cho, Inasa-gun, Shizuoka Pref.
- Stockholders: Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. (60%), KOHA CO., LTD. (40%)
- Nature of business: Manufacture and sales of the following categories of LED-applied products and parts:
(1) parts for installation in vehicles and other transportation equipment; (2) display- and lighting-related devices for home, home appliance, advertising and other applications.
- Capitalization: 60 million yen
- Composition of board of directors: Five persons: three representing Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. and two representing KOHA CO., LTD. President (part-time): Yutaka Tanaka (concurrently vice-president of TOYODA GOSEI CO., LTD.)
- Business plans
2000: Sales: approx. 100 million yen Employees: approx. 10
2003: Sales: approx. 1.5 billion yen Employees: approx. 50
- Start of production: September 2000