The establishment of a new manufacturing company in Ontario, Canada
Mr. Tokio Horigome, President of Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. announced today the establishment of a new manufacturing company called TG MINTO CORPORATION in Ontario, Canada. TG Minto will manufacture plastic interior and exterior automotive parts.
TG Minto was established to meet the expanding plastic interior and exterior business and to meet the needs of customers in North America.
Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. is a major manufacturer of high quality polymer products, steering wheels, functional rubber and plastic automotive parts and LED solutions for the auto industry.
TG Minto is Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd.'s sixth manufacturing company in North America and its 22nd subsidiary outside Japan.
Basic information about the new company
- corporate name: TG MINTO CORPORATION
- date of establishment: September 20, 2000
- location: the Town of Minto, Wellington, Ontario, Canada
- capital: $Can 20 million (about 1,500,000,000 yen; $Can 1=75 yen)
- shareholder: Toyoda Gosei Holdings Inc. (100%)
Toyoda Gosei Holdings Inc. is the holding company. Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. owns 100% shares of Toyoda Gosei Holdings Inc.
- products to be manufactured: plastic interior and exterior automotive parts
(console box, instrument panel products, garnish, etc.)
- start of production: December 2001
- size: land: 117,000 square meters
building: 14,000 square meters
- number of employees: about 40 (at start of production) about 70 (estimated, 2003)
- business plan: sales volume 500,000,000 yen (2002) 2,000,000,000yen (2004)